Respiratory Protection and Fit Testing
Note: Participants must wear appropriate footwear.
For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
This training program will teach participants the legal and practical requirements for the use of respiratory protective equipment in the industrial and agricultural workplace. The program includes a review of various types of respiratory protective systems. Customer-specific training programs are offered.
These courses are routinely customized to ensure specific coverage of specific brands and types of respiratory systems used by our clients.
Training program topics include:
- Respiratory selection, use and care
- Air purifying and supplied air systems
- NIOSH and provincial regulations
- The requirements of CAN/CSA-Z94.4-11
- Positive and negative fit check for air purifying respirators
- Limitations and equipment
- Qualitative and quantitative fit testing
- Record keeping
On site quantitative fit testing is also available if requested.
You will learn by:
- Handling and/or fit testing air purifying, supplied air breathing apparatus (SABA) and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Demonstration and hands-on training in the care and use of equipment
- Detailed handouts, videos and quizzes
Who should enroll in this training program?
Employers, supervisors and workers who use respiratory protective equipment in their workplaces will find participation in this training program both beneficial and informative. Joint Health & Safety Committee members and those wishing to increase their knowledge in respiratory protective equipment and programs, are also encouraged to enroll.
Training Program Duration:
½ Day (4 Hours)
ACUTE offers Quantitative Fit Testing; contact us for more information