Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness
For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
Employers must ensure that a supervisor who performs work for the employer completes a basic occupational health and safety awareness training program that meets the requirements of Ontario Regulation 297/13 – Occupational Health and Safety Awareness and Training Regulation under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) within one week of performing work as a supervisor.
This training program will help prepare supervisors for their critical role as a competent person in the workplace charged with the duty of ensuring every precaution reasonable is undertaken to keep workers safe.
Training program topics include:
- The Internal Responsibility System / Due Diligence.
- The duties and rights of workers under the OHSA.
- The duties of employers and supervisors under the Act.
- The roles of health and safety representatives and joint health and safety committees under the Act.
- The work refusal process.
- The roles of the Ministry of Labour, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board and entities designated under section 22.5 of the Act with respect to occupational health and safety.
- How to recognize, assess and control workplace hazards, and evaluate those controls.
- Sources of information on occupational health and safety.
You will learn by:
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Overview of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Exercises to help increase learning
- Detailed handouts and quizzes
Who should enroll in this training program?
Supervisors, foreman, lead hands and new hires into supervisory positions will find these training program material clarify will help encourage sound health and safety stewardship of workers in any workplace.
Training Program Duration