For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
This training program teaches participants how to develop an effective traffic control plan. Participants learn how to identify and control hazards related to road construction. They will use the Ontario Traffic Manual: Book 7–Temporary Conditions as a reference in class. Excerpts from the Ontario Traffic Manual: Book 7 are provided to students during the training program for use in exercises and examples.
Training program topics include:
- Preparing and developing a traffic protection and control plan
- Set-up and maintenance of work zones
- Temporary work zones and hazards
- Planning basics of temporary work
- Traffic protection responsibilities
- Review of Ontario Traffic Manual: Book 7– Temporary Conditions
- Temporary work zone layout
You will learn by:
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Exploring legislative requirements
- Using table-top exercises to apply theory
- Detailed handouts, videos and quizzes
Who should enroll in this training program?
Employers, supervisors and workers who may be involved in planning, communicating, or implementing traffic control and protection plans for highway work zones.
Training Program Duration
½ Day (4 Hours)