Note: Participants must wear appropriate footwear.
For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
This training program will cover the legislative requirements and measures of spill reporting and cleanup. Participants will be taught practical strategies to both prevent and safely contain spills that occur in the workplace. Training programs are routinely customized to reflect client sites and products.
Training program topics include:
- Spill law and regulations: Ontario Environmental Protection Act
- Defining a reportable spill and reporting requirements
- Creating a safe spill response plan
- Recognize hazards
- Assessing Risk
- Controlling Risk
- Personal Protective Equipment selection
- Evaluating Controls
- Sorbents and cleanup materials
- Containment materials and strategies
- 8 safe and practical steps for spill response
- How to properly dispose of spent spill materials
You will learn by:
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Demonstration and hands-on training in the care and use of equipment
- Detailed handouts, videos and quizzes
- Mock spill response drill(s) (8 hour only)
Who should enroll in this training program?
Employers, supervisors, workers, workplace spill response or emergency response team members, Joint Health and Safety Committee members, Environmental Managers and any worker who desires to learn safe, practical steps for spill response as well as gaining a deeper understanding duties under the Ontario Environmental Protection Act.
Training Program Duration
½ Day (4 Hours)
1 Day (8 Hours) – includes practical spill drills