Asbestos Abatement Type 1 and 2
Note: Participants must wear appropriate footwear.
For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
This training program is geared towards Construction and Maintenance Workers and their Supervisors that will need to conduct Type 1 and Type 2 Operations such as: Emergency Clean-up, Removal and Replacement of Asbestos Containing Ceiling Tiles, Minor Asbestos Removals, Cutting and Drilling of Asbestos-Containing Plaster and Drywall.
Training program topics include:
- Regulatory requirements
- Asbestos identification
- Historical asbestos usage
- Sampling techniques
- Hazards and controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Measures and procedures associated with Type 1 and 2 asbestos operations
You will learn by:
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Exploring legislative requirements
- Demonstration and hands-on training in Type 1 and 2 techniques
- Detailed handouts, videos and quizzes
Who should enroll in this training program?
This training program is designed for individuals in Maintenance, General Construction, and Property Development who are involved in Type 1 and 2 asbestos removal projects.
Training Program Duration
1 Day (8 Hours)