Asbestos – Advanced Awareness
For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
The advanced awareness training program has been developed to promote an in-depth awareness of the hazards and duties related to asbestos in the workplace. This program teaches participants how to identify locations where asbestos may be present and to understand the types of asbestos work.
Training program topics include:
- Historical asbestos usage
- Identification of asbestos-containing materials
- Regulatory requirements
- Duties and responsibilities of owners, employers, workers and contractors
- Hazards and controls
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Overview of measures and procedures associated with asbestos work
- Sampling requirements
- Requirements of asbestos audits and management programs
You will learn by:
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Exploring legislative requirements
- Detailed handouts, videos and quizzes
Who should enroll in this training program?
This training program is designed for individuals in Maintenance, General Construction, Property Development, Architects, Engineers, and Building Professionals, Facilities Managers, Plant Engineers, Construction Estimators, and Site Supervisors who may have asbestos or asbestos containing materials in their workplaces.
Training Program Duration
½ Day (4 Hours)