Asbestos Abatement Supervisor 253 S
- Participants must wear appropriate footwear.
- Prior to this course, the employer must register as a “Signing Authority” with the MTCU.
- Upon completing this course, each participant is provided with a certificate as proof of the training. ACUTE’s certificate is used only as proof of the training in order to take the 253S AAS exam at a college. The actual proof of Type 3 Asbestos Abatement Supervisor certification comes from the MTCU after the participant has passed the exam.
For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
Supervisors of Type 3 asbestos abatement work are required to be certified to perform their supervisory role. This training program prepares a supervisor to write the Ontario Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities exam for Trade Code 253S as per Section 20 of Ontario Regulation 278/05 – Designated Substance – Asbestos on Construction Projects and in Buildings and Repair Operations.
Training program topics include:
- Regulatory knowledge required by a Type 3 supervisor to ensure compliance and safety of workers
- Equipment, layout and setup requirements for Type 3 work areas
- Personal Protective Equipment used in Type 3 work and the inspection & maintenance that they require
- Requirements for worker training, awareness about hazards, and respirator fit testing
- Supervisor’s role in communicating site-specific emergency response plans
- Supervisor’s role in communicating with internal and external groups
You will learn by:
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Exploring legislative requirements
- Demonstration and hands-on training in Type 3 techniques
- Hands on preparation and operations exercises
- Detailed handouts, videos and quizzes
Who should enroll in this training program?
Supervisors of Type 3 asbestos operations should attend this course.
Training Program Duration
1 Day (8 Hours)