Workplace Violence and Harassment
For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
This training program will teach learners the legislative requirements and importance of a Workplace Violence and Harassment policy. Participants will also be lead through a review of the legislative provisions that prohibit violence and harassment in the workplace, as detailed in the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA).
Training program topics include:
- Why You Should Be Concerned About Workplace Violence And Harassment
- What is Workplace Violence and Harassment
- The Legal Requirements for Policies and Procedures
- The Need to Conduct a Risk Assessment
- How Domestic Violence Can Impact the Workplace
- Steps to Developing a Workplace Violence and Workplace Harassment Procedure
You will learn by:
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Group discussions.
- Detailed handouts, videos and quizzes
Who should enroll in this training program?
Workers from all Ontario workplace sectors. New hires, Joint Health and Safety Committee members and any worker who wishes to have a deeper understanding of legislative rights and responsibilities mandated by theOccupational Health and Safety Act.
Training Program Duration
½ Day (4 Hours)