Due Diligence for Employers and Managers
For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
This session has been designed to increase your understanding of the principle of due diligence and provide you with tools to implement the concept of due diligence in your workplace. As due diligence becomes rooted in the general thinking of a workplace, one may expect a positive shift in safety performance and a strengthened workplace safety culture.
Due diligence is an effective barrier to potential convictions related to health and safety.
Training program topics include:
- Who’s who in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- The Internal Responsibility System and building you safety culture.
- Responsibilities of the employer, supervisors and workers
- Establishing due diligence in the workplace
- Guide to Writing an OHS Policy Statement
- Establishing an Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Recognizing hazards and assessing risk
- Implementation and evaluation of hazard controls
- Inspection Checklists
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Emergency Planning
- Accident and incident investigation
You will learn by:
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Overview of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Exercises to help increase learning
- Detailed handouts and quizzes
Who should enroll in this training program?
This training program has been designed for Employers, Business Owners, Managers, Officers and Directors, Joint Health and Safety Committee members and anyone who wishes who are interested in improving workplace safety culture will find this training program beneficial.
Training Program Duration