Note: Participants must wear appropriate footwear.
For this course we can conduct the training at your facility or at our own training facility, whichever will suit your needs best. There are some great benefits to both approaches. By completing your training on-site we can save your staff travel time, by completing your training at our facility you can benefit from our spacious training room, our state of the art hands on training space and full use of our break room.
This training program is geared towards those working at height in Industrial Establishments, Mining Operations, Health Care and Residential Facilities sectors or other workplaces that are not Construction Projects. This training program is not a replacement for ACUTE’s Working at Heights training program. This training can be modified to specifically address manufacture specific equipment used in the workplace. To learn more about the benefits of our training approach for this program click here.
Training program topics include:
Sector specific legislation
- When is MOL Working at Height training required
- Fall from elevation hazards
- Controlling fall hazards
- Hierarchy of controls
- Fall Prevention Strategies and Systems
- Fall Protection Systems
- Ladder Safety
- Written Evaluation
- Harness inspection and fitting exercise & evaluation
- Lanyard inspection exercise and evaluation
- Rescue plan – components and purpose
- Safe anchor exercise
You will learn by:
- Classroom interaction with experienced instructors
- Demonstration and hands-on training in the care and use of equipment
- Detailed handouts, videos and quizzes
- Practical performance evaluations
Who should enroll in this training program?
Employers, supervisors and workers who may work at height in any workplace other than Construction Projects will find this training beneficial.
Training Program Duration
½ Day (4 Hours)