CPO Approved | Time: 8:30 – 4:30 | Prerequisites: None | Cost: $225
Practical Module – 3.5hr
- Fall prevention / protection system requirements and limitations
- A-B-C component selection, inspection, use
- Harness inspection and fitting exercise & evaluation
- Lanyard inspection exercise and evaluation
- Travel restraint, fall arrest set-up exercise & evaluation
- 100% tie-off exercise and evaluation
- Ladders, scaffolds and elevating work platforms
- Rescue plan – components and purpose
- Safe work strategies and safe anchor exercise
- Written evaluation
Theory Module 3hr
- Working at Heights [WAH] and legislation
- WAH hazards
- Safe Work Plans & assessing and controlling WAH hazards
- The hierarchy of controls – application to WAH
- Fall prevention strategies and systems
- Fall protection systems
- Ladder safety
- Written evaluation
Working at Heights London: How Can You Apply for Training
If your company requires working at heights training for your employees or if you are an individual and would like to get WAH training for yourself, contact ACUTE today. You can either:
Register for your WAH training course today
Working at Heights London, Ontario
ACUTE Environmental and Safety Services can provide your workers with the mandatory Working at Heights (WAH) training they need. We are conveniently located in Waterloo, Ontario, just a short drive from London, and we can provide your workers with the WAH training at our World Class Health and Safety Training Center.
Working at Heights London, Ontario: Get the training your workers need to stay safe
Working at Heights London, Ontario: What Industries Would Benefit from WAH Training
Some of the major industries in London, Ontario include aerospace, defence, automotive, building materials, environmental technology, etc. If your workers require the use of fall protection devices in their daily tasks, then taking a Working at Heights training program can help to keep them safe on the job.
Working at Heights London, Ontario: WAH can keep you safe
Working at Heights London, Ontario: Who Needs It?
According to O. Reg. 297/13: Occupational Health and Safety Awareness Training, every person who works on a construction project and uses/wears fall protection devices must take WAH training before they use this type of equipment.
Fall protection equipment includes:
- Travel restraint systems
- Fall restricting systems
- Fall arrest systems
- Safety nets
- Work belts
- Safety belts
In addition, each worker must also take the specific training required by Section 26.2 of O. Reg. 213/91 for each type of the above fall protection devices.
Working at Heights London: Where Can You Find Approved Training Providers?
You must take your Working at Heights training through an approved training provider. The program you select needs to be approved by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development’s Chief Prevention Officer and be delivered by a training provider who has been approved by the Chief Prevention Officer.
ACUTE is an approved WAH training provider
Working at Heights London: How Long Is It Valid?
Your Working at Heights training is valid for 3 years from your successful completion date. Once your 3 years has passed, you will need to take a refresher course. In order to be eligible to take the WAH training refresher course, you have to have successfully completed both modules of an approved working at heights training program. If you are not sure about your eligibility, you can check your status here with this eligibility status checker tool.
Working at Heights London: Keeping Records
As an employer, you must keep records of both Working at Heights training and Fall Protection training for all of your employees. These records must be made available to the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development inspector when they ask you for them.
This record can either be a copy of your worker’s proof of completion or a record that includes the worker’s name, approved training provider’s name, name of the approved training program, and the date that the training was successfully completed.
You need to keep a record of WAH training to show an inspector
Working at Heights London: Checking for Proof of Training
If you are an employer and you need to verify that your worker’s WAH training is valid, you can do so in a number of different ways including:
- Obtaining a proof of completion record issued by either the Chief Prevention Officer or by a training provider who has been approved by the Chief Prevention Officer.
- Accessing your worker’s training information through SkillsPass. This is a free and secure account, but you need your worker’s consent in order to do this.
- Contacting the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development to confirm the validity of your worker’s training.
If you are a worker and you want to get a copy of your training records, you can do so yourself by setting up a free and secure account through SkillsPass. In order to make your account, you will need to enter the following information:
- The address you used when you registered for you training
- Your year of birth
- Your email address and phone number
You can get proof of WAH training through SkillsPass
Contact Acute for Working at Heights Training You Can Trust!
With ACUTE, you will experience the best comprehensive, hands-on Working At Heights training. ACUTE goes beyond government compliance in Ontario health and safety training.
- Open Door Instructor-Student Partnership: ACUTE’s training services emphasize client participation. Staff foster relationships with clients and serve as a touchstone for advice moving forward.
- Serving Your Team and Industry: With a vast array of clients in the manufacturing, construction, health, academic, and government sectors, ACUTE brings the best safety practices from across the spectrum to your workplace.
- 100 Years Combined Experience: ACUTE provides comprehensive health and safety training, on-site safety services, and consulting services. With over 100 years of combined experience, our staff offers more than theoretical or abstract ideas. ACUTE offers solutions.
- Track Record of Success: ACUTE is rated 4.9/5 stars on Google reviews, demonstrating a commitment to our clients, quality, and a passion for training.
Contact us today for quality training in your workplace or on-site at ACUTE’s proven training facilities, and click the button below to sign up!
“We have relied on ACUTE for years to train our staff and keep them safe on the job site.”